We're Hunting Great Wines!

The Safari of a life time from South Africa ...

Another week of unique wines to try; our first all SA tasting - So who is the winner?

2004 Villiera Down to Earth $12/bottle: Easy to drink and great acidity to balance the fruit. A porch-sipper extrordinaire!

2004 Vergelegen Sauvignon Blanc $20/bottle: Ahhh, taste the grassiness and herbs - I am not the big grapefruit-lover so this works best for me

2003 Villiera Estate Pinotage $18/bottle: What a treat! Not my first Pinotage but one of the better one's I have seen/tasted. Pinot Noir and Cinsault together forever - Try it!

2004 Excelsior Estates Cabernet Sauvignon $11/bottle: The workhorse of a wine. Easy to drink and always satisfies!

2000 Cathedral Cellar Shiraz $17/bottle: My winner fo the week! Not the Aussie fruit bomb but a great combo of ripe fruit with a new leather belt from the Gap (imagine the smell) with a hint of spice on the finish. It still has some cellar life ahead!

2002 Vergelegen Mill Race $25/bottle: Those of you who know me know I do not like green peppers ... in my food or on the bouquet of my wine. It's a very good wine but I cannot get past the vegetal notes. I guess I am the only one who cares as it is doing well this week!

Hope this helps ... my thoughts only!

Judge for yourself and remember "...the best wine for you is the wine you like best!"

Next week: Strange Brews II - Let the crazy blends begin!

KC Wine Guy!